Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RocktamusPrim3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2012 17" MBP that was fried after a glass of wine was spilled on a table, and the wine seeped right behind the monitor of the laptop, frying it instantly.

The SSD was luckily unharmed, and is in fact the SSD used to run my Mac Pro. However a full glass of wine spilled behind it, and the poor laptop was dripping wine for a good few minutes afterwords.

Would it be worth it to have it looked at and repaired, or, since they don't even make 17" MBP's anymore, should I give up on the laptop and wait a while to get a 5k iMac instead?

Thanks!

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
What's the state of it now?

Does it try to boot at all if you power it on?

If you connect it to power, does the magsafe connector illuminate (green/orange)?

RocktamusPrim3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Yes! This macbook has been sitting for over a year in its case, and originally it would not even show a green light when the magsafe connector was hooked to it. I just hooked it up now, and even though it has no drive or ram in it, it's making a constant beeping sound, most likely the motherboard telling me there's no drive and ram, correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.