Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hmai18

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Is there an easy to way to tone down the overblown highlights in this photo? A friend of mine asked me to create a print of this photo for the little leaguers he coaches.

Clicky:

hmai18

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I asked before I posted this one. This is the only version of the photo he has.

Guess this'll have to do.

On a related note, anybody have any creative ideas for something "fun" to do with this team photo?

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
I asked before I posted this one. This is the only version of the photo he has.

Guess this'll have to do.

On a related note, anybody have any creative ideas for something "fun" to do with this team photo?

What, is the scene in the matrix or something...

There IS no photo

hmai18

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Uh...click on the thumbnail?

Only the thumbnail ended up in negative after I hosted on imagevenue. The original image is fine.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Highlights are pretty hard to recover, especially without the original RAW. Even then, if a picture is taken and overexposed too much, the settings might not be able to recover it.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If the thing that is blown out is the shy or clouds then you can find a nice sky photo you like and composit it in. If it's just a little bet of clouds then you can "clone in" that section.

I've tried to simply tone it down by turning the bright white the a light gray. That looked even worse. Some times you can crop it out if it's in a part of the photo you can live without.

tradclimberjohn

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
even though i can not see the image. if you have photoshop try adjustment shadows and highlights on a dup background layer

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
The highlights aren't that bad.. It's just the white on the shirts that are a bit contrasty and out of control.

It's too bad because the image seems a little flat to me.. Maybe you should lower the exposure a tad and boost the contrast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.