Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JuicyPoloMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Hi all,

I wonder if I can get some advice. Absolutely gutted, brand new MacBook and the kids spilt a splash of fizzy drink onto it... ?

I cleaned it straight away, but sadly the space bar and a couple of other keys seems sticky when pressed.

I have seen online there are many ways to clean keyboard keys... but nothing with the “magic keyboard” any advice?

also, please no snarky replies “Shouldn’t have fizzy drinks around expensive equipment” accidents happen... I have come to terms with that.

• Sad
Reactions: benshive

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I'm sure you'll get some good advice here, I don't have experience with this but particularly since this is a brand new product I suggest you contact Apple (on their website go to support and initiate a chat is one way) and they will almost certainly have a tech paper of some sort that will give you guidance.

JuicyPoloMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I'm sure you'll get some good advice here, I don't have experience with this but particularly since this is a brand new product I suggest you contact Apple (on their website go to support and initiate a chat is one way) and they will almost certainly have a tech paper of some sort that will give you guidance.
Yeah, I suppose you’re right. I didn’t consider this straight away, but thought the response I would get would be something like “send it in”

I’ll check it out

JuicyPoloMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I have read online that using isopropyl alcohol can’t hurt. So I might have to pick some of that up and give it a go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.