Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman123456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all,

I just bought the Apple Watch 7 and I'm experiencing intermittent charging. Let me explain. At the end of the day I'll put my Apple Watch on the charger and it will make a ding and show the status of the battery. Good I'm hooked up. Then in the morning it will be lower than the battery percentage when I put it on the charger. In other words it didn't charge at all. Then the next night I'll awake to a full charge on the Apple Watch. So I never know if I'll awake to a full charge or not.

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. The new watch uses a USB C to charge faster so I went back to the USB A
  2. I switched out numerous power brick that plugs in the wall
  3. I've restarted the Apple Watch
The next step is bringing the Apple Watch back to exchange it. I'm not new to the product having owned 6 other Apple Watches. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a know issue. Any help would be appreciated.

David

midorosan

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2007
Hi all,

I just bought the Apple Watch 7 and I'm experiencing intermittent charging. Let me explain. At the end of the day I'll put my Apple Watch on the charger and it will make a ding and show the status of the battery. Good I'm hooked up. Then in the morning it will be lower than the battery percentage when I put it on the charger. In other words it didn't charge at all. Then the next night I'll awake to a full charge on the Apple Watch. So I never know if I'll awake to a full charge or not.

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. The new watch uses a USB C to charge faster so I went back to the USB A
  2. I switched out numerous power brick that plugs in the wall
  3. I've restarted the Apple Watch
The next step is bringing the Apple Watch back to exchange it. I'm not new to the product having owned 6 other Apple Watches. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a know issue. Any help would be appreciated.

David
I have the same problem, Apple replaced the watch last week OK for a couple of days now problem has returned, so glad to know I am not the only one with this problem. Any response from Apple? Never had such problems with previous series.

Macman123456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Well the update didn't help. Glad to know others are experiencing this issue. I guess I'll skip returning the watch to Apple to get it fixed since that didn't help the previous post. Com'on Apple let's get this fixed. What good are all the new wiz bang features if we can't do the most basic thing, charge the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.