Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ochsenbauer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Purkersdorf, near Vienna
Hi,

I have a MBP 15", 11.3, mid 2014, with a 512GB flash storage. Since a week after a restart I get the "?". If I start with a external disks with El Capitan, my MBP is starting, but I don't see a internal flash drive/storage. Also in the disk utility program I didn't see the internal flash drive. It disappears.

I have called AppleCare and they recommend to bring it to a service partner. But I need some data, which are on the storage. Does anyone have any idea how to get to the data on the flash storage?

Regards

Thomas

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Oh this means that your SSD can fail anytime even on a 1 year old computer? I think it's time for me to also get AppleCare before my warranty expires.

ochsenbauer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Purkersdorf, near Vienna

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Oh this means that your SSD can fail anytime even on a 1 year old computer? I think it's time for me to also get AppleCare before my warranty expires.
Of course. Any electronic component could fail at any time; in general, this doesn't happen, but it's 100% possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.