Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steenvoorde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2019
Like many of you I was waiting for Nvidia webdrivers for Mojave on my Mac Pro 3.1 - but I had enough of waiting... ;) So after I found out a RX 580 won't run on a 3.1 (by buying one) I found this Asus GTX680-DC2O-2GD5 which is fully metal compatible and doesn't need webdrivers. So finally I am working on Mojave, couldn't be happier... Well, there is one thing which would make me even more happy, and that is of obviously support for the Mac EFI. I found quite some reports on people who flashed their GTX 680 to make it EFI compatible, but those were all reference cards. And the Asus GTX680-DC2O-2GD5 has the same port layout (which is one of the requirements for a successful flash) which is good, but it doesn't look like a reference card to me. It's a 3 slot card and the reference cards are 2. And I found one or two posts of people who claimed to flashed this card successfully - and there are pre-flashed cards on eBay - but I am not sure if those claims are legit. So my question is, does anybody has experience with flashing this specific card? And did you use the ROM which is used for the reference cards?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.