Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superrenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
Maybe you can help me. I Have a new IPad Pro 2018 12.9 which is working fine. But sometimes when I have bright text on dark background and I scroll up or down, the letters start to flicker shortly before the movement stops f.e. in Nightmode on IBooks. Otherwise everything is fine with graphics. Tried a hard reset but nothing changes. Is this a) normal b) software not yet optimized for this new iPad or c) a hardware defect.

Thanx for your help.

Best from Germany

Michael

Hansl

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2018
Hi, I have written in another post which i started on light subtle flickers against a white background. I too think its also a characteristics of the display. I tested it against a static white background and notice how the flicks are growing underneath the glass. Not sure if you encounter the same issue.

argurpreet321

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
New Delhi
Maybe you can help me. I Have a new IPad Pro 2018 12.9 which is working fine. But sometimes when I have bright text on dark background and I scroll up or down, the letters start to flicker shortly before the movement stops f.e. in Nightmode on IBooks. Otherwise everything is fine with graphics. Tried a hard reset but nothing changes. Is this a) normal b) software not yet optimized for this new iPad or c) a hardware defect.

Thanx for your help.

Best from Germany

Michael
Hi, I have the same issue on my new ipad pro 11 inch. I read a lot in bed every night in complete darkness with night mode on using ibooks. I have a headache within the first 5 minutes and my eyes get blurry. The text is visibly fuzzy. I compared it side by side to my air 2. The text is much crisper on the old one. Also another visible difference is the black background is much darker on the air 2. On the ipad pro its like this glowing surface where the led backlight seems to shine through. Causes a lot of eye strain. In fact this is my only complaint with the pro. Don’t know if its the same for everyone?

Superrenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Wiesbaden, Germany
Hi all! Thanx for your replies. Looks like Newton's right. Went to the Apple store in Frankfurtand we checked two other IPads. They both showed the exact same syndroms like mine. So I guess this "normal" and we have to wait for a software fix.
Thanx a lot for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.