Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

washer

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Is there a Plug-In for exporting to Flickr for Aperture similar to the one for iPhoto?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
There is not now and I doubt that there will be..... Apeture is really aimed at professionals and serious amateurs, and more often than not they use pBase or SmugMug if they don't have their own websites. Flickr is...well....for a different audience, shall we say.....

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
I have had accounts with Flickr,Pbase and smugmug. Im not gonna lie, i like flickr the best, for myself. But for selling photos, smugmug is the way to go. I didnt like PBase at all

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Karpfish said:
I have had accounts with Flickr,Pbase and smugmug. Im not gonna lie, i like flickr the best, for myself. But for selling photos, smugmug is the way to go. I didnt like PBase at all

PBase can be downright flaky and very irritating, not to mention less than user-friendly. I prefer Smugmug. I have a personal PBase gallery, though, which I've hung on to, and as part of a group of women photographers I also share in another PBase account. I think that either PBase or SmugMug looks more professional than Flickr. My impression of Flickr is that it is fine for casual shooters, sharing snapshots with friends and family, and having a blog to accompany that....and that's certainly OK. It's just not the way I choose to display and share my work online....

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Did Apple not just release a plug-in for Flikr?

Apple.com - Software - Aperture - New Features

At the world’s leading photographic community, you can share your photographs with people all over the world. The Flickr Plug-in for Aperture offers a comprehensive set of features that simplify the Flickr submission process.

http://flickr.com/tools/aperture

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.