Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pintsallround

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
First of all, hi to all you guys!

So for those of you who use Flickr...my issue is with the washed out colors that my photos appear as when I upload them through Flickr or FlickrUploader. The saturation and contrast is drastically reduced, and the photos just don't look as good at all.

My PS3 colorspace is in sRGB 2.1. I've tried saving and uploading them as a .jpeg and .tiff, and even .gif through the "Save for Web" option, but nothing works.

If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
First of all, hi to all you guys!

So for those of you who use Flickr...my issue is with the washed out colors that my photos appear as when I upload them through Flickr or FlickrUploader. The saturation and contrast is drastically reduced, and the photos just don't look as good at all.

My PS3 colorspace is in sRGB 2.1. I've tried saving and uploading them as a .jpeg and .tiff, and even .gif through the "Save for Web" option, but nothing works.

If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

"Save for web" will strip out all meta-information, including color space - so that's unlikely to help (at best it'll be neutral; but it could also make things worse).

You say your PS3 (Photoshop 3? Clarify please) colorspace is in sRGB 2.1. However Photoshop will not automatically apply its default settings to images that are in a different color space. Is your camera using Adobe RGB? If so, are you making sure your application is converting to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 when saving your image? The thing is, from the description it sure sounds like a color space problem. Can you definitely isolate it to Flickr? Do you have a website you could upload the same image to for comparison's sake?

pintsallround

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
I'm not sure how to post a comparison--I tried posting it to ImageShack-->

and it also looks washed out.

I'm unsure as to show you how it looks in photoshop cs3, because if I upload a screen shot it will also look washed out. I tried that Firefox config. suggestion, but it was already set to "true". And I always save in sRGB 2.1 (the "embed color profile sRGB 2.1..... option is checked).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.