Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Account25476

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2021
Two days ago I created a new Focus mode: Fitness. The default one, not a custom one.

Just noticed that on both of my Mac mini M2 and MacBook Pro 13' Intel (with the last version installed 13.3.1) if I go on Focus mode from either the Control Center or the System Settings, the Fitness Focus is not listed, while on my iPhone (where I created it), iPad and Apple Watch there is...

When I enable the Fitness Focus mode on my iPhone nothing happens on my Macs.

How can a simple thing like that not work? After almost two years that they introduced the Focus mode, and again, I'd like to stress it again. I just created a default Focus mode, I didn't do anything fancy or weird... Yet, it doesn't work.

I mean.. do they actually test the code they wrote? It's incredible.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Maybe they intentionally didn't implement focus mode on the Mac, thinking that the Mac wouldn't be used during exercise.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I checked, it should be listed.
It simply doesn't work.

I looked at the available focus modes on my mac and Fitness is not even available to be added. I clicked on the "Add Focus..." button and the only categories listed are "Custom", "Gaming", "Mindfulness", and "Reading". If I click on the "+" button on my phone, I see the same categories with the additional "Fitness" category.

So, the fact that the Fitness focus doesn't enable on the Mac, after you enable it on your phone, is consistent with it not being an available Focus mode for the Mac. Even though I'm not convinced it's a bug, I do think it is a poor and confusing design decision by Apple.

Reactions: Jhonjhon236
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.