Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
so I was out shooting today and I switched to my zoom lens and now my camera doesn't focus. I switched it back to my small lens and same problem. It wont even focus in manual. Does any one know whats goin on???

Thanks,

Jonathan

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
so I was out shooting today and I switched to my zoom lens and now my camera doesn't focus. I switched it back to my small lens and same problem. It wont even focus in manual. Does any one know whats goin on???

Thanks,

Jonathan

What do you mean by "it won't focus"? Is the AF just front or back focussing, or will the focus system literally not engage? What do you mean when you say the lens will not even focus manually? Does the image just not appear sharp in the viewfinder? If not, you probably need to adjust the diopter. Your camera manual should help you figure out how to do that.

Best of luck,
wmmk

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
These may be stupid questions, but:
(1) are you sure your lens is properly seated, and
(2) did you turn the camera off before switching lenses?

If the answer to either of these questions is or may be no, turn off the camera, remove the lens, and start over.

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
I agree with baby duck try turning off your camera before switching lenses that way the camera starts fresh and I think it re syncs the lens. if that doesnt help take it to your local camera shop and ask them what's up.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.