Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
My sony alpha A350's focus screen got scratched and was wondering if warranty will help me repair it? I also got some stains on the mirror, i kept cleaning it but it just wont go. How do i resolve this?

Thank you

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
My sony alpha A350's focus screen got scratched and was wondering if warranty will help me repair it? I also got some stains on the mirror, i kept cleaning it but it just wont go. How do i resolve this?

Thank you

Only Sony can answer that one, so you'll have to ask them. However, in general, warranties are for manufacturing or parts defects and insurance is for user errors. I've owned SLRs for over 25 years and I've never scratched a focusing screen or stained a mirror- what the heck are you doing to your camera to make this happen? Inquiring minds want to know!

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
When I had my focusing scratched (by a lens rear element that got unscrewed due to vibration) I asked the Nikon Service Center how much they would charge or if this was covered by warranty.

They replied and quoted a price of 60€ and a turn around time of 5 days.

I believe Sony will charge you a similar amount of money.

Now for the mirror: That will probably be pricier both for parts and labour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.