Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

For people who prefer not to notice the 3 big lenses on the back of Pro and Pro Max, which color hid

• Sierra Blue

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Silver

• Gold

• Graphite

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
For people who prefer not to let other people notice
the three big lenses on the back of Pro & Pro Max,
which color will make the lenses least noticeable?

Last edited:

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Well, you won't notice the back cameras if you're actually using the phone's screen. But if you have to choose, the darkest colour will hide those dark lenses the best. Same could be said for hiding the bezel, if you care about that.

wardie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Graphite is the only one that hides them at all really.

Graphite phone with a black Incipio Grip for MagSafe case does quite a good job…
09faa882ef2bfd1a0c349a903608b572.jpg

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
Have the silver. Use a full piece glass camera lens protector to cover it. Helps if the lens protector has black rings around each lens. Makes it somewhat hidden, especially if silver white gold Color surrounds the lens.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
I would think a simple eye test is all it would take to tell. Does it really take a poll and a thread when you can visually see each colored camera bump?

there are no Apple Stores around me. The Best Buy and Verizon corporate stores did have display units, but strangely all were silver. :(

Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

tedley

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Sacramento
The very title of the post has me curious. I ask this question in all seriousness. Why would one care if others saw the camera bumps on their phone? Personally, I couldn't give a rat's behind if someone else saw the camera bump on my phone. Please explain the thinking here? I could assume vanity, but I'm not because I cannot see why it would matter.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
there are no Apple Stores around me. The Best Buy and Verizon corporate stores did have display units, but strangely all were silver. :(
Then I’d say definitely graphite like most others mentioned. I got the silver because I was impatient and the white around the lenses shows just how large they are. Gold would be similar.

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
The question doesn’t make any sense. The iPhone 12 pro camera is slightly smaller than the 13 but who really cares. Not that much of a difference. I guess the question is just like a few years back that people thought the rose gold color was a girly phone and posted a concern.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.