Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heldersales

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
I purchased an iPad Pro 2018 model and was wondering how to force a restart? I press the up volume button for a second, followed by the down volume button for another second and finally I press the top button continuously, but only Siri comes up, I don't see the shut down slider or the Apple logo.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Make sure you do a quick press and release of both volume buttons, followed by holding down top button continuously until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears. This can be a frustrating process in comparison to the old home>power button combo.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
It’s just like the iPhone X. The trick is to press the volume buttons in succession quickly. Like up down in less than a second. Then hold the power button.

Do it once and it’s easy.

Reactions: Never mind

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
I only press the up volume and then the power button. I don’t bother with pressing the down button that I know others do with the iPhones.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I only press the up volume and then the power button. I don’t bother with pressing the down button that I know others do with the iPhones.

This doesn’t work on my Gen 3 iPad Pro 12.9. I still have to press the up then down volume then power to power off.

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
This doesn’t work on my Gen 3 iPad Pro 12.9. I still have to press the up then down volume then power to power off.

I just tried it on my 2018 gen 3 iPad 12.9” and it still works.

To further elaborate, I hold the up volume button while I press the power button simultaneously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.