Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kabun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
I have been trying out Forecast Bar for the past week and I really like it. My questions that I have are to do with notifications. Does this app update severe weather notifications when the NWS updates theirs? There were 2 severe weather alerts issued this past week and while I got them pushed to my phone, I didn't get any updates regarding the alert. For example, I received a Frost Warning at 6am, but I didn't get any more updates regarding that alert unless I opened the app. The NWS updated the alert throughout the day and night, however, I only got the 1 alert in the morning. I do have background refresh on and I did leave the app opened in the background. Other weather apps that I have had- Weather AlertUSA have sent an alert out as soon as the NWS updates the alert. I didn't have to have that app opened. This app does say it does Push Notifications for severe weather. Does anyone know if this is how it works? I shouldn't have to open the app to get updates on severe weather notifications. I really like the app as I said as it's very customizable, however severe weather alerts are important to me. If Forecast Bar put the severe weather notification in the widget like Dark Sky does that would be good. Also, when I received the severe weather alert in Forecast Bar there wasn't an audible tone. Is there one? And 1 more question...if I subscribe to the Apple Watch, will I get notified there as well? I have tried reaching out to the developer by email and their google page with these questions but they haven't responded.

Thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.