Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
Not sure if this has been showed or addressed, but I discovered an easier way (easier to me) to see the iPhone X battery percentage. This is for those of us that didnt know....

I never looked at or used the widgets on iOS prior to this. The trick is just to add a "Battery Widget" to your phone. The option to add the widget will ONLY SHOW if you are connected to any bluetooth device that has a battery (apple watch/headphones/speakers etc). Just pair device then look for the Battery Widget. Once the widget is added, you can delete that device and the widget will still remain there. Its a ton easier to swipe right and see the battery percentage, than it is to swipe down from the top. Especially with 1 handed use.

I actually used a sports widget, but i never bothered to look and add others, so I didnt know it existed.

Reactions: Brazilano

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
It inconvenient when your in apps. You need to be on the lock screen or first app page in order to get the best use out of this.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
It inconvenient when your in apps. You need to be on the lock screen or first app page in order to get the best use out of this.

thats the thing, is that if youre in an app you use the top to scroll down. im not saying this is the only method. I personally dont feel the need to check it while im in an app. this is meant for lock screen 1 hand use to check

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Have to jump through hoops so we could get a % on a 1k phone..........Nice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.