Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Ok so heres the deal. My best friend wants to by my Rebel Xt off of me because he really wants to get into photography. Hes used my camera a bunch and really likes it. I have a 4 year warantee on it and would sell him basically a whole starter kit package and he said hed give me 700 bucks for it, which is pretty darn good. The reason im considering this is because I could then upgrade to the 30d. I found a slighty used one on BandH for a good pricehttp://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productList&A=buyUsed&Q=423708
I always buy stuff from BandH but I was just wondering if any one has bought used from them and could give me some feedback. Thanks alot.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
princealfie said:
I would replace that trashy Rebel XT with something better built like the Panasonic L1.

Is it your goal to spread your Canon-bashing around to every possible thread rather than consolidating it all in the one you've already started? Sheesh, give it a rest already.

To the OP, I've also had nothing but good experience from B&H, but like you I've only bought new. What kind of a guarantee do you get when buying used? As long as you have a chance to inspect it when it arrives, and can take a few test images, I'd say go for it.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I wonder if my non-displayed, but probably existing Rep Points will decrease because of what I'll say now.....

princealfie said:
I would replace that trashy Rebel XT with something better built like the Panasonic L1.

Why don't you find a hole and bury yourself in it?

*passes you a shovel*

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
princealfie said:

:rolleyes:

To original question:
I have heard on various photo forums that the B&H ratings on their used cameras are pretty good, but less conservative than KEH.

Dark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
With Photokina coming up do you think Canon has anything up their sleeves for the 30d. I highly doubt it seeing as its less than a year old. I was just wondering if maybe they would encorperate the Digic3 chip into the SLR's. Idk, just wondering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.