Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
This morning on my way out of the door to go to work I noticed a fawn in the front yard. I run upstairs to grab my camera and was able to get a couple good shots of the little guy. He was pretty friendly, he let me get within 1 foot of him before running away (he was so young he could barely run, he was stumbling all over). After telling my Dad about it, he told me he saw the same one and it was walking up to him. The first couple pictures are a little blurry because it was pretty dark in the shade, but the last 2 I had a tripod set up. C&C always welcome.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
wow thats beautiful… the shots and the young fawn :D. i wonder how old she/he is and where its mother is? do you have a HD link to the last one for a wallpaper?

iSaint

macrumors 603
Usually, mother is not far off and probably foraging for food. She will put the fawn down somewhere she thinks is safe. The middle of the yard seems kind of out in the open. Maybe she's asking you to babysit!? Also, the fawn doesn't move because s/he thinks you can't see him/her.

the man with too much useless information

chewbaccacabra

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Where is Godzilla?

I keed, I keed!! :D

Yeah mothers will leave their babies in weird places. We found a baby underneath a bunch of old lumber at my mom's house in Austin. The baby was gone a few hours later.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Does anyone have any specific dimensions they want for a desktop so I can optimize?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.