Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcflay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Hi,
I have an iMac (24-inch, Early 2009 - iMac9,1) and some time ago I installed properly macOS 10.15.2 Catalina through the utility "macOS Catalina patcher" developed by dosdude. I would like to update to a more recent the Catalina version so I want to know what are the recommended steps for a configuration like mine.
From the official post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-15-6-update.301161/) I read that I have to update Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. Then update clover etc etc..
I have never used Clover, MultiBeast.. so my doubt is if these instructions are valid also for those who already have Catalina installed with the Dosdude patch.
Manty thanks

K two

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2018
North America
Hi,
I have an iMac (24-inch, Early 2009 - iMac9,1) and some time ago I installed properly macOS 10.15.2 Catalina through the utility "macOS Catalina patcher" developed by dosdude. I would like to update to a more recent the Catalina version so I want to know what are the recommended steps for a configuration like mine.
From the official post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-15-6-update.301161/) I read that I have to update Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. Then update clover etc etc..
I have never used Clover, MultiBeast.. so my doubt is if these instructions are valid also for those who already have Catalina installed with the Dosdude patch.
Manty thanks
Just make another USB patcher w/v.1.4.4 from Dosdude1 and install on top of .2. You'll get .7 which runs fine on your old iMac. Forget the hackintosh stuff unless you have one?

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
that's for hackintoshes and a poor one at that too. Clover and especially multi beast are dated and will likely make the system unstable. Opencore is much better.

mcflay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
ok thanks for the advices I'll try with v.1.4.4 from Dosdude1 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.