Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
I've bitten the bullet and I'm getting a new Fuji F30 (just shipped!). Now, I'd like to be able to transfer my photos to an iPod (will probably get one of the new iPod video's.) Apple sells a camera connector, which connects via USB, but Fuji cameras are not listed as supported. Is there another option? I know you can buy a CF/xD adaptor to connect to a media reader. Maybe I have to go with a 3rd party dedicated photo storage device, but I'd rather have the iPod.

Thoughts?

Dave

NinjaMonkey

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Try it without the card reader first, it should work. I've hooked my iPod up to cameras Apple doens't list as supported and it works fine.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
NinjaMonkey said:
Try it without the card reader first, it should work. I've hooked my iPod up to cameras Apple doens't list as supported and it works fine.
Hook it up without the reader? How would one do that?

Dave

NinjaMonkey

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Plug the camera adapter into the iPod, then connect it to your camera via USB. Turn the camera on and the iPod should see it and ask if you want to transfer photos.

This should work. If for some reason it does not then connect the iPod to the card reader.

Just know that this drains the iPods battery pretty fast since the harddrive is constantly spinning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.