Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stormy67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Hi all.

Hubs and I bought our daughter a Fujifilm J10 digital camera. She has a Mac ibook G4. Software is OS X 10.4.11.

Looking at the box it is compatible with 10.3.9-10.4.10

This is a new product. Aren't these mac versions older that the .11?

Are there any "updates" to the software that will make this camera compatible with her computer?

Thanks for all help.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
What's the problem? Likely only that the printing on the box is not up to date. Any camra that can shot jpeg imges and record them to a memory card will work with curent Apple computers and software.

stormy67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Chris.

It comes with software called "Fine Pix Viewer." This software permits you to upload the photos from the camera to the computer. It's not working on hers. It will not upload the photos.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but still nothing.

Let me add she does NOT have an intel processor.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Hi Chris.

It comes with software called "Fine Pix Viewer." This software permits you to upload the photos from the camera to the computer. It's not working on hers. It will not upload the photos.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but still nothing.

Let me add she does NOT have an intel processor.

I have had a FujiFilm camera since 2002, I installed the FinePix software but rarely ever used it, you can potentially just read the card by connecting the camera to the machine, or use a card reader.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I guess the question is why on earth would one want or need to use the Fuji software that comes with the camera. Like Chris said, if you have a camera that records to JPGs on a memory card, you will be able to dump them on a mac. All she would need to do is plug the camera in, and it be detected, and depending on her settings it will open in either iPhoto or Image Capture.

The reason why I'm against the use of the Fuji viewer is that all that software that comes with cameras (including the Canon software for my $3000 SLR and Chris's Nikon software) is subpar, to say the least. It's usually slow, has few functions, and is pretty bloated. On a mac, the iPhoto software, which comes pre-installed with the computer is head and shoulders above any of the manufacturer software- it's excellent for organizing, viewing and even editing your pictures.

ziasprings

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
Ohio
Fuji Finepix j10 uploading issues

I'm having the same difficulty. The only thing that appears when I plug in the usb cord, provided by fuji, is "USB" with a white screen. Nothing is recognized by my Mac at all, so there's no way to upload the photos. I'm puzzled...I didn't have this problem with the last finepix I had, it was recognized and uploaded fine, although it was a MUCH older computer & older finepix! Appreciate any input...

P.S. I've never used the the software that came with it. I uploaded it when I got the first camera thinking it was necessary and was so annoyed by it I took it off immediately. I use photoshop instead.

walterkovacs

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2008
I found this thread via google after I had a similar problem downloading the photos off my Fujifilm Finepix J10 onto my Macbook. The solution was to ignore the Finepixviewer software altogether. Just plug your camera into your computer and you will see a grey screen on your camera that just says "USB." Apparently because the camera uses PTP it doesn't automatically show up as a drive on a Mac, but if you run the "Image Capture" app in your Applications folder, that will automatically download the pics from your camera to a folder of your choice on your computer. You can then use any image viewing software you want to view or edit the pics. I deleted the Finepixviewer software, it's trash.

Percival

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2010
As far as I know, Kodak provides a software to upload images from its camera to the computer. You can use it after connecting the camera and the PC, or after inserting the card into the PC's slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.