Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
I'm working full remote for several years but never really travel and worked at the same time
I will be traveling with my car

I own a Mac mini as my main machine and a MacBook 13 M2 8Gb 512 disk

On Mac mini I use a 24" 16:10 display and a secondary 24" 16:9 but I really prefer 16:10 aspect ratio for work
My main fear is not having enough monitor space and not being able to work comfortably with my macbook

I saw many cheap full HD 16:9 external monitor that are really cheap and small like a big tablet
I also use a Wacom tablet with the pen instead of the mouse, I'm really used to the tablet and when I use a mouse it feels awkward
I saw that Wacom has a new One S and M both Bluetooth and with battery inside
I also saw some foldable keyboards

I guess a good setup cold be

Macbook 13 + full HD 16:9 15.6" portable monitor + Wacom One S

I'm not really sold on my MacBook 13" I'm afraid the screen would feel too small
I'also thought that a Mac mini + 2 portable monitor could be an option

I already have my working files in sync between both machines with iCloud, too bad it doesn't support file versioning

Advice

Alameda

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2012
I'm working full remote for several years but never really travel and worked at the same time
I will be traveling with my car

I own a Mac mini as my main machine and a MacBook 13 M2 8Gb 512 disk

On Mac mini I use a 24" 16:10 display and a secondary 24" 16:9 but I really prefer 16:10 aspect ratio for work
My main fear is not having enough monitor space and not being able to work comfortably with my macbook

I saw many cheap full HD 16:9 external monitor that are really cheap and small like a big tablet
I also use a Wacom tablet with the pen instead of the mouse, I'm really used to the tablet and when I use a mouse it feels awkward
I saw that Wacom has a new One S and M both Bluetooth and with battery inside
I also saw some foldable keyboards

I guess a good setup cold be

Macbook 13 + full HD 16:9 15.6" portable monitor + Wacom One S

I'm not really sold on my MacBook 13" I'm afraid the screen would feel too small

I already have my working files in sync between both machines with iCloud, too bad it doesn't support file versioning

Advice
I think it’s better to use the MacBook. They’re just as powerful as Minis, and you can charge them with a DC adapter and use it without plugging a bunch of stuff in.

I have a 14” MacBook Pro as my desktop computer, with keyboard, mouse and 4K screen. The only limit is that most MacBooks only let you attach one screen. You could, perhaps, get a 16” MacBook Pro with an external screen.

This ASUS screen looks pretty nice for your needs:

Reactions: al404

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
ASUS screens are pretty overpriced, and the one I did look it also had a pretty old technology

All MacBook M3 Air and Pro can have 2 external monitor if used in clam shell mode

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

Advice
Buy a Macbook, with the largest screen you can afford. Then you can also buy a monitor and use it when space allows. It is very hard to use a Mini as a portable computer.

Reactions: al404
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.