Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvvdv

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
smoker's lounge
How can I force any app to go fullscreen? Even if they won't on their own?
Is there an app for this? Should be easy enough!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Pretty easy, yes. Choose full screen from the view menu is usually what does it. :D
However, the app does have to support full screen mode, then that is not likely to happen, at least for that app.
And, you would only have the option to zoom (maximize) to fill the screen. That is not the same, of course.

Which app do you need to support full screen? Not all apps are suitable for full-screen mode.

You could always ask the developer to see if that is a possible feature to add.
Sometimes you may get a response from the developer, maybe with an explanation about why full-screen is not supported, or you might discover it is not really "easy enough" to just patch it in.

dvvdv

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
smoker's lounge
Pretty easy, yes. Choose full screen from the view menu is usually what does it. :D
However, the app does have to support full screen mode, then that is not likely to happen, at least for that app.
And, you would only have the option to zoom (maximize) to fill the screen. That is not the same, of course.

Which app do you need to support full screen? Not all apps are suitable for full-screen mode.

You could always ask the developer to see if that is a possible feature to add.
Sometimes you may get a response from the developer, maybe with an explanation about why full-screen is not supported, or you might discover it is not really "easy enough" to just patch it in.

No, that doesn't work! The app I'm trying to use is Transmission Remote GUI. The green button is useless and won't let me enter fullscreen!
I'd like to make it a 'space' in mission control, to keep it off my desktop and use it in fullscreen! If there is an app that could do this for me, or if you know how I could do it myself, please let me know!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Click on the green stoplight button to go full screen.
The green button may not do full screen, unless the app supports it.
A quick example is the native Calculator app. The green button changes the view window for the calculator, but doesn't affect the window size.

I see that you (jerome?) have submitted a ticket about your question in the support page for the Transmission Remote GUI app on Source Forge.net
That's probably about all you can do. Maybe someone will respond there.

Looks like the app hasn't been actively updated in more than 4 years, and the reports say that app does not work in High Sierra. That is likely a lot higher priority than making the app go full screen.

Have you tried the Vuze app for torrents? Maybe that will do what you want.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.