Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakfrost

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Ontario Canada
Well I'll try again, to ask the question...posted this same query over an hour ago and the post never made it to the board???

I have iPhoto 09 on both the iMac and the Air but all my images are in the iPhoto Library on the iMac.

I have tried to move the 'library' to the Air by 'exporting' the library to an external HD then 'importing' the library to iPhoto on the Air.

This gets the images to the Air but not my slideshows.

Any ideas on how to do this? I really don't want to spend the time req'd to 're-construct' all my slideshows and I would really like to be able to show my family the shows...without having to lug the iMac to Sweden with me :mad:

Opps, just noticed, ( is this new for iPhoto 09? ), there is an export button on the bottom right of the slide show opening screen...looks like it is rendering the slideshow into a Quicktime (default) movie...sure is taking its time though. At the speed it's going it might be quicker to build the slide show again from scratch on the Air after all...

At least its a choice...

Jim

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
Do you import all your photos into iPhoto? If so, there is a single iPhoto library file. All you have to do is copy it from one mac to the other. Done.

If you want to SYNCH two libraries, that's much harder. There's a tool called iphoto library manager that might help. See here: http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Copy this file (it's actually a package that contains the whole iPhoto structure) from your iMac to your Air. That's it.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 279

jakfrost

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Ontario Canada
Copy this file (it's actually a package that contains the whole iPhoto structure) from your iMac to your Air. That's it.

Thanks guys, seems simple enough...in fact as simple as I am, that is exactly what I did, and fully expected in my simple way that it would in fact copy the entire iPhoto Library to the Air.

Almost, the only thing missing was my slideshows, the ones with the Ken Burns effect, and of course, the music.

Turns out I had to copy the music to iTunes on the Air in order for the slideshow to 'find' the original music.

Talk about 'integrated' apps :eek:

Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.