Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I'm pretty sure thats a ton for a 10 megapixle camera, but I'm assuming there's more, although I could be wrong.

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
I'm pretty sure thats a ton for a 10 megapixle camera, but I'm assuming there's more, although I could be wrong.

That's actually a little cheaper than getting it some other places (amazon.com lists it at $5,500 for just the body, but other places list it at $4,500). The Canon EOS-1D Mark III is one smokin' camera IMO. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had an extra $5,000 laying around.

I'm still not sure what the scam is as well. Maybe it is because they are selling it for so cheap?? lol

Poeben

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
While I will not necessarily suggest purchasing this camera from this retailer, the price is very reasonable; on par with B&H. Yes that is a $4500 camera. Yes it is 10MP. It is one of canon's top professional cameras, and as such not cheap.

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
I have never in my life seen a camera with four shutter releases. Who would fall for that?

EDIT: I didn't see the hint before you posted it.

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
It's actually $100 more than B&H. I don't get it either. I wouldn't buy from a company with only 2 reviews on reseller ratings either.

Edit: Never really looked at the image. WTF?!?

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
I know nothing about pro camera gear, but something that did catch my eye was that it says Ds on the right hand side, as can be seen clearly in the enlarged image:

cn1dm3-2.jpg

Everywhere i look i only find Ds mark ll and D mark lll ..... is there even the slightest possibility this is a different model?

As i say, i know nothing about pro camera's, especially Canon, but it was just something i noticed.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
I know nothing about pro camera gear, but something that did catch my eye was that it says Ds on the right hand side, as can be seen clearly in the enlarged image:

cn1dm3-2.jpg

Everywhere i look i only find Ds mark ll and D mark lll ..... is there even the slightest possibility this is a different model?

As i say, i know nothing about pro camera's, especially Canon, but it was just something i noticed.

While a 1Ds MkIII is possible (eventually)... there's no way Canon would have a shutter release on both sides of the camera, nor on both sides of the battery grip

tkilian

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2004
it doesn't look like like they took the one side and flipped it over with photoshop or anything, as there are doors on the right side of the photo that aren't on the left.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
It took me a couple of seconds in the link to see what was weird.... but it really does ask the question... WTF?!? :confused:
Did they pull the doctored image from somewhere else and ran with it, did they do it for s**ts and giggles, or are they just plain dodgy? Very odd...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
These people are pretty notorious on camera forums. I believe, IIRC, that there are a dozen or more "stores" online that eventually link back to that same storefront.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.