Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
For those following my previous enquiry on the interesting object recorded 'parked' by the sun ..... if it is decided by astronomers and video CGI experts the video is 'real' ..... apart from the other questions asked before the thread was unfortunately closed by Moderators ..... here are a few further questions I would be interested in having explained ….. or at best, possibly get informed speculation on:

11) What mechanism, natural or artificial could draw out a plasma stream from the sun like that?

12) When the plasma stream 'hits' the object, is it being assimilated to build up the surface of the natural/artificial object? ..... there seems to be a slight thickening of the stem around the point the stream hits the object ….. details like this suggest to me what is going on here could be real ….. is this 'fast track' Accretion Theory in action?

13) In terms of scale ..... can anyone give me the dimensions of this object?

14) In terms of temperature .... how many degrees C is this object being subjected to?

15) What sort of gravitational force is this object under .... that close to the Sun? ….. In other words, could we 'park' one of our objects that close to the sun that was 'fire resistant' and keep it there stationary for a few hours, before flying it back home?.

If the video is proven to be 'fake' ….. I would still be interested in answers to some of the technical questions posited re: temperature/gravity stats, size etc.

Thanks for your time.

[For those who didn't get the chance to comment on the technical aspect determining the veracity of the original video or answer some of the original 10 questions asked before the other thread was sadly closed .... purely for the sake of continuity ..... the clip and questions are below, slightly edited]:

As discussed on the aforementioned thread .... this clip comes from a site with obvious poor quality CGI 'fake' material on it ..... but this clip .... which is the only one I want feedback on .... looks to my inexperienced eyes to be fairly 'genuine'.

Is it a 'diamond in the rough'? ..... and if it is real.... it throws up very interesting serious questions about the huge object parked temporarily close to the Sun …… questions like:

1) Is it natural?

2) If so, how is it formed?

3) What is it doing?

4) It's behaviour seems quite deliberately 'controlled', do you agree?

5) How does this object resist the sun's radiation, gravitational 'pull'?

6) Where is this object now?

7) Has it been detected before?

8) Is their anymore data on this object?

I am keen to ask professional/amateur astronomers/video CGI assessment experts/scientists and anyone else with a sensible opinion to analyse this video in detail to confirm or deny with reasonable evidence/explanation whether it is real, and if so, maybe take an educated guess what is going on here?

Further Questions:

9)The video quality looks good, but there is no data on the clip as to date/time/telescope/filter etc and the reverse view of the object in the second half of the clip, does that suggest the footage is from StereoA and Stereo B or some other combination?

10) .... and thus does the viewing angle between the telescope perspectives corroborate to confirm this is 'genuine' footage?

As astronomers get their own independent data feeds from telescopes around the Sun, can they kindly post the 'original' footage, if it exists, with the date/time/telescope data etc ...... on their respective Academic astronomy websites ...... so we have a reputable source to reference for further analysis in future?

Then we can have a more serious discussion on it's implications.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
At least you put "astronomy" in quotation marks this time...

this clip comes from a site with obvious poor quality CGI 'fake' material on it ..... but this clip .... which is the only one I want feedback on .... looks to my inexperienced eyes to be fairly 'genuine'.

Congratulate them on one decent-quality CGI "fake" video.

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
And 'Helioviewer' too, just in case someone came up with good analytical indications it was a 'fake' :)…..

Jtara, respect, …. you are the only one who has bothered to address some of the questions I asked on my first recent thread …. with your link to the 2009 Research on the Lunar Wave, and theories on what might be causing it.

With regards to this clip, I thought it looked a world away in quality from the other stuff on their page, ….. then looked at the psychology behind it, and thought if they were going to 'fake' it ….. there were so many other easier ways to do it, and why choose such a strange shape? ….. the reverse angle shot from another telescope angle was 'interesting' ….. wondered if astronomers can tell if these 'angles' are wrong? …..others may judge that, and might put their data here, ….. then that might prove if it is fabricated.

The streaming of the plasma looked so spot on compared to other plasma streaming out there ….. I thought that might be hard to replicate in CGI in a convincing way …..especially with their CGI skills being somewhat limited.

The other day I noticed a slight thickening of the stem where the plasma hits the object, a detail a 'faker' would probably miss ….. plasma streaming like this must either coat objects or be absorbed by them increasing the object's volume ….. if this object is 'real' then it is a very odd shape to be 'natural' ….. thus it might be there possibly to add an extra layer of 'protective plasma coating' …… or be a 'vehicle' for carrying 'plasma content' elsewhere.

Would be interesting if astronomers would engage, and speculate what the constituent content of a plasma stream is likely to be.

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
Obviously fake. Different camera angles = amateur moviemaking, not NASA footage. Telescopes & satellites get only one very narrow angle of the sun and as soon as the camera starts showing it from different angles, it's obviously CGI.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
Uh, once again, this is a video from an entity proven to have repeatedly created and posted fake videos. See here for proof: https://twitter.com/i/moments/869559699385057280?lang=en
I just don't understand why anyone would spend any time asking about another video from a proven fraud.

Hi Richard, welcome back …. missed you …. seriously …. it's been deathly quiet on here …. and I'm being incredibly polite!

….. the Moderators 'beat' that into me with iron rods and electric shock treatment …..and I have been 'medicated up to the eyeballs' since …… so if I nod off periodically on here and you see ZZzzzzz ….. it's not you, OK?

No, I made that bit up …… the Mods have been VERY NICE and given me some good advice. :D

In answer to your question: From the OP?:rolleyes:

"As discussed on the aforementioned thread .... this clip comes from a site with obvious poor quality CGI 'fake' material on it ..... but this clip .... which is the only one I want feedback on .... looks to my inexperienced eyes to be fairly 'genuine'.
Is it a 'diamond in the rough'? etc"

A 'proof' from a link to Twitter? …… Come on, Richard, raise the bar here! …… my reply which was sadly deleted was along the lines of the immortal John McEnroe "You cannot be serious" ….. I think it also mentioned something about Trump using Twitter for making Foreign Policy announcements? ….. Mmmm ….. that move certainly doesn't garner him any respect.

When deciding on the veracity of this clip, I think it's important to judge the evidence in front of you …. not a different video on Twitter with the words "FAKE" stamped all over it.

Common sense tells me there is a possibility this clip was passed on to them by a more reliable 'anonymous source' ….. the image quality suggests the 'source' is better than average ……

So, back to this video ….. you and others have spent a lot of time NOT answering the questions in the OP and presenting no serious detailed video analysis on why you think the video is 'fake'? ….. go on, surprise me ….. I'll give it a fair hearing.

The video was posted years ago and has been viewed by more than 2.2 Million people, so isn't it time this video was seriously analysed by all experts available ….. and the results presented in full for the General Public to scrutinize? The interest is certainly there for that to happen.

Obviously fake. Different camera angles = amateur moviemaking, not NASA footage. Telescopes & satellites get only one very narrow angle of the sun and as soon as the camera starts showing it from different angles, it's obviously CGI.

Er …. you sound very definite in your opinions ….. are you an astronomer? (It's polite to ask)

Your post subject history on this forum suggests your field is more computer tech?

This might help ….. positions of Stereo A and B viewing our Sun from different angles. :eek::oops::rolleyes::confused::(

https://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/360blog/

RichardMZhlubb

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
I’ll avoid the personal invective that got your last thread closed, and just repeat my original question. Why bother looking at the videos from a confirmed fraud? Don’t you have better things to do?

And, if you bothered to look at the link I provided, instead of just dismissing it because it was posted on Twitter, you would see that the link includes dozens of examples of stock images and videos that these frauds then doctored to add fake UFOs. When someone fabricates 50 hoaxes, it is absurd to seriously ask if example 51 is legitimate.

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
9)The video quality looks good, but there is no data on the clip as to date/time/telescope/filter etc and the reverse view of the object in the second half of the clip, does that suggest the footage is from StereoA and Stereo B or some other combination?

For starters, the video states it's from September 2016. :oops:

Second, Stereo B has not communicated with us (other than a few frames of data on Aug. 21, 2016), since being 'lost' on October 1 2014. :(

https://stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov/behind_status.shtml

Third, my own observation, cameras and sensors on unmanned spacecraft don't 'bob' and 'sway' like somebody is holding the camera. :rolleyes:

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
When someone fabricates 50 hoaxes, it is absurd to seriously ask if example 51 is legitimate.
In a court of law, when a habitual criminal is before the judge ….. his past record is inadmissable evidence, and he is judged on the 'crime' presented before the court. Judgement and the criminals word may be prejudiced by this past record, but the judge must throw out any evidence relating to previous crimes to ensure a 'Fair' trial ….. so, no wiggle room left Richard ….. for someone who claimed astronomy knowledge in a previous thread ….. please could you kindly put your expertise to any/all of the questions asked 1)-15) ….. and if you think the video is 'fake', then just answers to Q's 11, 13,14 + 15 ….. Thanks!

For starters, the video states it's from September 2016. :oops:
Second, Stereo B has not communicated with us (other than a few frames of data on Aug. 21, 2016), since being 'lost' on October 1 2014. :(
https://stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov/behind_status.shtml
Third, my own observation, cameras and sensors on unmanned spacecraft don't 'bob' and 'sway' like somebody is holding the camera. :rolleyes:

Good to finally get feedback on clip …. first posted clip Dec 11th! ….. [must change my deoderant and lexicon of troll abuse!]

Thanks MacTech for the interesting link on Stereo B status and it's problems ….. keen to talk more about that but don't want to go 'off topic' (the Mods partly use this as an excuse to shut threads these days …..see my last attempt to discuss this video clip…. even when the subject being discussed is still 'astronomy' in amongst the 'acidic' banter!)

To answer your point, if you go on the Helioviewer.org website and click on 'Observatories' you will see 8 telescopes listed - Stereo B seems to be providing data too? ….. but other telescope options are there for the source of this video data ….. Soho etc

Re: the 'bob' and 'sway' slight camera movement ….. and date of video posting observation ….. very interesting …. I hadn't noticed the camera movement before.

This good quality video could have been filmed secretly without permission, some years before, by a technician working at NASA or at an astronomy site location where this data is streamed before release into the public domain ….. ie …. before editing of the 'live' feed.

If this technician broke 'ranks' on strict confidentiality agreements as a NASA/Observatory employee …. and knew of other cases where people had 'threats to family, person ….. or even possibly died in suspicious circumstances' after leaking ET data …..maybe this is why he/she delayed release of this video clip by several years and 'posted it anonymously' to a site riddled with CGI where it's impact would create a slower trickle of interest in the public domain, but also an element of 'doubt' the authorities could 'live with' and call off the 'assassins'! :eek: …. Whilst the Wikileaker tiptoed away! :cool: Clever move …. very clever move.

One point worth making, the slight camera movement here MacTech astutely noticed could be the 'proof' that the video is probably 'real' …… because who would 'fake CGI' a video clip and insert into it 'very subtle fake camera movement'? o_O

If it is 'fake' …. this bit is a 'genius move' ….. and RichardMZlubb's slightly critical reference to Section 51's other work suggests their CGI abilities don't run that deep. :D

So now we have a strong suspicion this isn't the work of Section 51 ….. and might actually be 'genuine' :eek:

Now we have 'sorted' 90% of the video 'anomaly' issues

……. maybe professional/amateur astronomers can now 'engage' (anonymously if necessary) and speculate coffee break answers to questions 1)-15)?
I have waited patiently since December 11th, …. surely there is one astronomer in the world who can at least answer one of these questions? :rolleyes:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Closing this down as the other thread on this topic was shutdown and there's no reason to rehash it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.