Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
I like to keep things minimalist and light. But I also like to get top dollar for my devices when it comes time to sell them. That means keeping them new looking.

When I had Air 2 I "discovered" the Incipio Feather at BestBuy. Very expensive but I had Reward $ expiring so I bought it. Ended up loving it because it protected the back while add negligible weight and also felt good, not like a slab of cheap plastic on my $600 iPad.

I was sad to find out there is no Feather for the 2nd gen iPad. After being dissatisfied with the weight of a back case I bought on Amazon I found out Incipio made a Feather for the 1st Gen 12.9. I found a new closeout on eBay and just go it.

The overall fit is perfect. It's noticeably thinner than the case I bought on Amazon and, of course, lighter too. The only reason Incipio can't market this for the 2nd gen is that the case covers up the flash. Initially I thought I'd just drill a small hole in the case for the flash. But first I took some pictures in 100% dark with flash forced on. The light goes right through the case, no problem. So I'm keeping the case original now. No mod needed.

So for those of you out there looking for a minimalist, but not totally naked, set up take a look at the Feather. They are on eBay for $8-15 depending on whether they are new or not. That is still more than the generic back cases but totally worth it.

Edit: I noticed "Hey Siri" wasn't working.... Duh! Mic holes have changed. Easy fix - 2 1/16th in. holes for the act. mic location followed by med. grit sandpaper then fine grit. Prob solved.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.