Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I don't know of a specific list, but IMO stock Cubes fluorish under OS 9, and any good list of OS 9 games for something like an iMac G3 or a lower spec G4 tower would also be appropriate.

One of mine has played a fair bit of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and a handful of other games, but it's also not stock(Geforce 3 and 800mhz Sonnet). It handles that set of games fine, but I don't know how much I'd want to try RTCW on a 450/500mhz and Rage 128.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
I don't know of a specific list, but IMO stock Cubes fluorish under OS 9, and any good list of OS 9 games for something like an iMac G3 or a lower spec G4 tower would also be appropriate.

One of mine has played a fair bit of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and a handful of other games, but it's also not stock(Geforce 3 and 800mhz Sonnet). It handles that set of games fine, but I don't know how much I'd want to try RTCW on a 450/500mhz and Rage 128.
The Rage 128 is the biggest obstacle in a Cube.
I stuck a Radeon 7500 in mine, and with the 500Mhz CPU I can play even UT 2004. RTCW will fly on it. The ID 3 tech engine isn't very demanding.
The Rage 128 was obsolete when it came out IMO. If you want to do any type of gaming I would replace it. Even a Geforce 2mx would be an upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.