Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yabe_uke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2018
Barcelona
Okay, so I bought a G5Quad like 5 months ago, and it's been running fantastic, but the foam thingy under the LCS was rotten from all the years of use. I took it out to clean all the dust that had accumulated and it was breaking in my hands. So a few months go by, and I find a polyestirene mat for pans in IKEA (no joke) that matches the look and feel of the original, minus being rotten. Only problem: I threw away the original, so I am unable to cut the new one to shape without spending a ton of time dismantling the computer and taking mesures.
If some of you nice people owners of an LCS G5 could take out their own cloth thingie and scan it on a Din-A4, or some kind of scale so I could be able to restore mine, it would be super helpful. I know it does basically nothing, if it leaks, it leaks, but it's just to restore it to it's original look, and this is the last piece missing. And it probably would help other people too!
Thank you all so very much!

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
For anyone in the US, drop me a PM and I'll send you a piece of Pig Mat big enough to redo a G5(you'll need to trim it to fit).

We get the stuff by the ton at work as a shipping material for chemical bottles, and throw a lot of it away.

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
For anyone in the US, drop me a PM and I'll send you a piece of Pig Mat big enough to redo a G5(you'll need to trim it to fit).

We get the stuff by the ton at work as a shipping material for chemical bottles, and throw a lot of it away.
That's generous of you. I keep a roll around to clean up messes I make in the garage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.