Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mass Hysteria

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
When I play back movies, I get a high frequency squeal from the audio. It's a quite annoying feature of a camera i am otherwise very happy with.

Is this common with G7's?

Please help, I need to know if this is normal or should I send the camera back for repair/replacement??

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
No squealing with mine.

... although i have a big chunk of dust on the sensor that needs to be cleaned off, so I'm going to have to send it in for that. :(

Otherwise, it's an awesome camera.

Mass Hysteria

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
yes, guilty as charged. sorry for being pushy, I was just desperate for an answer as if I am to send it back, now is a good time.

It looks like that's what i'll be doing as it seems others don't have this problem. thanks very much for the response guys

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
no offense but this is the wrong sub-forum. Use the hardware forum, or digital movie forum, or application forum. But not all of them it might get a little annoying I'm sure you'll get better answers

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
no offense dude but this is the wrong sub-forum. Use the hardware forum, or digital movie forum, or application forum. But not all of them it might get a little annoying I'm sure you'll get better answers

what does this have to with mac applications? I'd say DP is best, but mac peripherals would come in second. I think most people in DV are using actual camcorders.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
what does this have to with mac applications? I'd say DP is best, but mac peripherals would come in second. I think most people in DV are using actual camcorders.
O crap i just realized the g7 is a camera. I kept thinking it has an up from the g5 machine(I thought that sounded a little wrong:p)

Sorry... I need to read more carefully

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.