Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
For those that might not know, Rolling Thunder is a Memorial Day demonstration to remember those that died in service to the the US. But also to remember those that have not returned home (POW/MIA's). Branching out to recognize that that have come home, but are forgotten in the benefits for their wounds in serving their country. (http://www.rollingthunder1.org/)

My thoughts on this gallery is for past or present images from Rolling Thunder. This being an emotional event, I encourage (as long as the Mods allow :) ) for individual posts, sharing your feelings - whether you were a participant or a viewer of this gallery. Also post any pics you have from any of the 19 Rolling Thunders.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I hate to admit that I was a passive viewer of Rolling Thunder till 2002, a year after 9-11.

The first image I will share from this year, is one that remembers the feelings that we have since 9-11.

Attachments

• _DSC0147-1.jpg
    _DSC0147-1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 102

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Chip NoVaMac said:
I hate to admit that I was a passive viewer of Rolling Thunder till 2002, a year after 9-11.

The first image I will share from this year, is one that remembers the feelings that we have since 9-11.

Really nice, Chip.

This made me realize that I ned to keep an eye on calendar of events more and get out to some of these things, since we live in such an active area.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
The Downington, PA Boy Scout Troop 23 provided a color guard at the base of the Memorial Bridge as the riders made their way across.

Photo details: D70s, Tokina 12-24, 1/320 at f7.1, cropped and converted to B&W with Photokit

Attachments

• _DSC0208-1.jpg
    _DSC0208-1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 119

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iGary said:
Really nice, Chip.

This made me realize that I ned to keep an eye on calendar of events more and get out to some of these things, since we live in such an active area.

Thanks Gary. Just a heads up, 11/11/2006 will see a demonstration of Vets demanding better benefits for our returning wounded from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.