Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cayenne1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2016
Knoxville, TN
After upgrading to Mojave, I found that Apple completely changed Gallery Views operation so that you can no longer move through a large directory by mouse wheeling through the icons. You now have to arrow click through each file icon in a strip at the bottom. It also takes a finite amount of time for each file to display.

So, if you have a large directory of photos, PDFs, etc. forget scrolling quickly through them. So, Apple arbitrarily removed a useful feature for one no one asked for.

I had backed up with Carbon Copy Cloner my High Sierra before upgrading to Mojave. It was easy to go back before I had done too much in the Mojave environment.

If you want to try Mojave, suggest using a CCC backup first just in case it's not for you. I'm hoping Apple giveth back what it taketh. Don't hold your breath.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
you've abandoned the new OS because of gallery view? ok then.

anyway, it works quickly here, is informative, less gimmicky. but to each his (or her) own (i guess).

Reactions: martyjmclean

filmak

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2012
between earth and heaven
After upgrading to Mojave, I found that Apple completely changed Gallery Views operation so that you can no longer move through a large directory by mouse wheeling through the icons. You now have to arrow click through each file icon in a strip at the bottom. It also takes a finite amount of time for each file to display.

So, if you have a large directory of photos, PDFs, etc. forget scrolling quickly through them. So, Apple arbitrarily removed a useful feature for one no one asked for.

I had backed up with Carbon Copy Cloner my High Sierra before upgrading to Mojave. It was easy to go back before I had done too much in the Mojave environment.

If you want to try Mojave, suggest using a CCC backup first just in case it's not for you. I'm hoping Apple giveth back what it taketh. Don't hold your breath.
It may be a temporary bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.