Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freidavs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Latvia
hi there.

so i was recording podcast yesterday. we were in a hurry so i just opened new project and started to record, after recording i wanted to save project file so there is no problems.

first thing i saw, that was strange is after saving there wasnt this "copying .wav" window that allways shows if i try to save big audio files.

i didnt quit GB just because it looked strange, that this copying wav windows didnt show. After i wanted to check audio it was silent. Waveform was showing but there was no audio.

I tried to save project again. All saved files from project was only like 2MB, so probably there wasnt WAV files at all.

In packet conents media folder was emty, but waveform was still there. Then i tried to copy track and waveform was lost.

Ive tried i guess everything. Im in no hops that i will get these files back, but i just don't understand why this happend. I've done podcasts like this lot of times (open new project, record and than save project)

If garageband project isnt saved where the audio files ar stored?

ps. it was pouring rain when i went to studio, my pc got little bit wet and i used new usb to usb type c connector. can these be the cause of problem? but it problem would be with conection, than there shoudn be waveforms for my track.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.