Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
I would love to see Apple update GarageBand for the iPad Pro. In fact, I would buy a more customized app specifically made for the iPP as I think there are a lot of nice features that could be utilized on this device. Aside from drawing, this was the app I was most looking forward to noodiling around with on my new iPad. The extra real estate could be used for so much. Not to mention the improved sound quality the iPP's quad speakers provides. It's a bummer to me that it's still just a zoomed in app. Anyone else agree?

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
Agreed.

The OSX version of GB is so much better than it's iOS 'sibling'. I've been using my iPad Air 1 much more for playing and recording (moving away from my old 2008 MBP and hopefully on to an iPP) and I've been using Auria (overkill for what I do) but would gladly go back to GB if it were more like it's OSX version.

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
Agreed.

The OSX version of GB is so much better than it's iOS 'sibling'. I've been using my iPad Air 1 much more for playing and recording (moving away from my old 2008 MBP and hopefully on to an iPP) and I've been using Auria (overkill for what I do) but would gladly go back to GB if it were more like it's OSX version.

I think it would be cool to pair the iPad Pro to the Mac via Bluetooth or something and be able to use it as an instrument. That would be pretty slick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.