Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Going to wait for the upcoming update from Apple. My EERO router has full diagnostics and my hanging problem is not my internet connection. After my 2,987th restart (;)) to clear a hung app I gave up. In the meantime I am going to let the Mac stew in its own juices. I suppose I need to completely configure this little Kamrui Ryzen 7 machine anyway. I purchased it after the Mac Studio. It has most of my amatuer radio software loaded on it after All. I have the image of my Apple as a Hippy looking across at my Redneck PC and they are trading insults. I am blowing kisses at my M4 Pro iPad this could be the best Apple purchase I have ever made. There are the endless arguments about the iPad taking the place of a Mac, well it sure it doing it for me right now.

Wow it is really strange being back on a PC.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
After my 2,987th restart (;)) to clear a hung app I gave up.
if possible, take it to the Apple Store. You could even make an appointment so you don’t have to wait so long. It sounds like something you can easily re-create and show them what’s going on. When you’re buying Apple products you’re paying for support.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
After my 2,987th restart (;)) to clear a hung app I gave up.

I understand the intentional exaggeration, but I fail to see how one single restart would not "clear up" (as in close down?) a hung app.
A Force Quit will also do the trick.
Obviously, anything that automatically restarts the app must be also eliminated.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
The Mac Studio mostly works OK. The problem I have is the App hangs and I have the little color roundel going that does not let me close something in the conventional matter in the dock the app only gives me the choice of a forced restart. I can understand the App SDRConnect have trouble it is in development by the SDRPlay crew and it is in preview 4. Its PC counterpart SDRuno is powerful feature rich Software Defined Radio OS used by the SDRPlay. What I don't understand is YouTube. I fails to respond and it tells me to restart my device. The reason for restarting the computer is I don't have a forced restart option and all I can do is restart the computer. I have already reloaded macOS 15. with the iPad sitting right here I am not at all worried about the Mac I have Applecare. As for an Apple Store the closest one to me is in Boulder, Colorado about 100 miles away to the South. It is funny after all of the decades of Windows coming back to it from Apple it is not like going home, but returning to a town you hardly know anymore. I am not going to stay long.

Everything works as expected on the iPad, and iPhone.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
cmmnd-option-esc will bring up the force quit menu, and you can close JUST the problematic app without having to reboot.

youtube on safari? chrome? or...?

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
command-option-esc will bring up the force quit menu, and you can close JUST the problematic app without having to reboot.

youtube on safari? chrome? or...?
Yes I have been doing that some of what is locked up does not show up in this popup. Is there a screen like Windows Task Manager? With this you can pull up every process that is running, and you can stop whatever it is from there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.