Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Hello everyone,

I am just getting into photography and am very interested in it. I have taken some recent photo's, and was needing some advice on a few things. You can see the photos at:

http://ericdepaoli.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01... Note that None of these photo's have been modified in anyway.

Click to enlarge them, you might need to copy and paste it into bar. Also note, the camera that I have is a Sony Cybershot 7.2mp. I mainly take macro pictures, since they are the easiest. Here is what I need advice on:

What camera would you recommend for an intermediate photographer?

An SLR is to expensive for me, so preferably just a digital with a fast shutter speed.

Also, if you have comments or suggestions for the pictures, please tell me how I could improve or some advice.

Thanks!

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
That is very neat. Although I do not think it will work for a small lens. Also, I only do macro because it is the easiest for me. I would like to try some other photography besides it.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
That is very neat. Although I do not think it will work for a small lens. Also, I only do macro because it is the easiest for me. I would like to try some other photography besides it.

I agree with the other poster. If you can't afford a new digital SLR, then buy a second hand one. If you want to move into more creative photography, you'll really need one. Even the original Digital Rebel is good enough (that's what I shoot with). You'd want to get a reasonable lens to go with it, and fortunately Canon make a 50mm lens which has amazing quality and it's cheap: the Canon EF-50mm 1.8.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I would, if my computer that I am using could run it. I downloaded the trial of photoshop cs, but it worked very slowly.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I have am in the same situation as you, just I am saving for the Nikon D40 with 60mm Macro Lens (this will take a while, since I want my macbook first)

anyway, I have the same camera as you, and I also like macro pictures, I personally think if you can't afford any SLR cameras, then stick with your current one, I personally think it takes great pictures... keep it untill you can afford a Nikon D40, from what I have read, and seen, they take great pictures, and they are easy to use...
so just keep your current camera, and save up for an SLR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.