Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I came across this tripod in a Photography magazine I get every month. Its on special offer over the Christmas season, but I have got a price match, and got it below £90 for the whole kit.

Is it any good ? Stable, strong. and what about the head can it be reversed so that the camera is below the top of the tripod.

Thanks

NStocks

jimothyGator

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Get a ballhead

I can't speak to the tripod itself, but forget the included head and go for a ballhead, unless you specialize in architectural photography. For any other type of photography, you're going to want the speed and flexibility of a ballhead. I particular recommend Really Right Stuff's ballheads, though they are not cheap. Invest in the best tripod and ballhead you can afford, because if you go the cheap route, you're just going to get frustrated and replace it later, so you end up costing yourself more, not less, in the long run. I, by the way, did not follow this advice which is why I'm able to give it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.