Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I live in Thailand. I use my .Mac email address as my Apple ID which is linked to the US app stores for all my devices Many years ago I set up a different Apple ID using my Gmail address. That Apple ID is (was) associated with the Thai stores so that I could install apps (mostly released by the Thai government) that are not on the US store. For example, the app that we use to set up appointments for Covid vaccinations is available in the Thai store but not the US store.

Until last week I was able to switch to my Gmail Apple ID to use the Thai store. When I tried this last week it wanted to add some sort of security measures to that Apple ID. But, it refused to accept my Gmail account saying that the Gmail address could not be verified. It refused to even attempt to send a verification email to that address. And, it forced me to pick a different email address as a new Apple ID for that account.

So, what's going on here? Why is Apple refusing to let me continue to use my Gmail address as an Apple ID?

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I should add that when signing in with the Gmail address I used the same password that is stored in both the Keychain and 1Password.

DA61FD97-4B97-4B94-BB62-3BB2B8D01C1D_1_201_a.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.