Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Basically as the title says.

I have a Sony A300 and after a few trips to New York, I've gone through my photos and see what I need for the shots of the Architecture that I want to take, I need something wider than the 18mm width on the kit lens.

I can't quite afford a 10-20 for keeps, so I thought it might be an idea to hire one for the few days I spend in the city.

I looked on the Adorama website, where I'll possibly buy a 50mm from, but they don't hire Sony lenses it seems. Does anyone know another place in Queens, Manhattan or Brooklyn that would hire lenses out?

Thanks!

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2004
Sorry - read your post. Yeah, doesn't look like Adorama has any sony lenses - shame, they're generally a great place to rent from.

El Cabong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
You could try buying one and then returning it. Just don't damage it. B&H and Adorama have 15 and 30 day return policies, respectively. Maybe not the most ethical/responsible/safe thing to do, but hey, if you need a lens...

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
$65 all in for 4 days isn't too bad.... Have you used them yourself?

I have. My brother used them as well when making his last student film, renting a 7D+12-24+135/2 from them. Everything was in order, with no problems whatsoever.

LR is as good as it gets, and their site is very informative in general, even if you don't rent anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.