Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perfectstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
I have a 16gb golden iPhone 6 plus and according to the specs and information online, their exists a 3.5mm headphone jack on the Phone itself. However, no headphones matching that diameter actually fit or work. Not even the the 3.5mm apple ear-pods I have will fit. Its not stiff, clogged, funny, or user-related. There is no way you're getting any 3.5mm headphones to fit enough to receive audio in this thing, literally broke my headphones just pushing them straight in there which was poor judgement to follow this advice.

I understand there is a lightning cable connector you can buy, but honestly, seriously? did apple actually make an iPhone 6 plus that doesn't fit the standard headphones that so many people have? it makes no sense to me. I looked into possibilities of it being a knock off ect. and its the real deal. Someone said maybe there is a screw in there, there isnt. But why would there be anyway? other people mention crackling issues related to this version. But I feel like the only person with a jack that simply fits no standard headphones not even apples.

Any advice? is this intentional or normal.

2.JPG

1.JPG

Before you mention it: There is NO room to budge. You are not getting these headphones a nudge further then they are here. And the connection is never recognized by the device like this.

Is there an adapter of some kind to utilize 3.5mm headphone jacks in the actual headphone jack rather then lightning cable slot?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps there's something stuck (or perhaps broken) inside the headphone port there that's getting in the way? Alternatively are you certain that this isn't a real iPhone, but it seems like you don't think that's the case.

perfectstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
Perhaps there's something stuck (or perhaps broken) inside the headphone port there that's getting in the way? Alternatively are you certain that this isn't a real iPhone, but it seems like you don't think that's the case.
I'm certain that it IS a real iPhone. Thats how I feel after knowing that possibility was already incredibly unlikely and then searching online for things like screws ect. and verifying the serial number and all that. Im satisfied that It is a real iPhone, it doesnt seem like something is stuck in there.

I actually came here because I couldnt post on apple forums. I just got this "
You are not allowed to create or update this content" thanks for the reply

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
You can tell it's a real iPhone by the ugly Apple Music UI but there is nothing we can do here and most suggestions will only make the problem worse. Your best thing to do is to take the phone to an Apple Store for warranty and let them fix it.

perfectstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
You can tell it's a real iPhone by the ugly Apple Music UI but there is nothing we can do here and most suggestions will only make the problem worse. Your best thing to do is to take the phone to an Apple Store for warranty and let them fix it.

I will take that as a compliment.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
To be fair, there are fakes out there that mimic iOS fairly well. But that seems like neither here nor there as far as this thread goes. And, yes, the suggestion of contacting Apple about it all seems like the most reasonable one at this point.

perfectstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
To be fair, there are fakes out there that mimic iOS fairly well. But that seems like neither here nor there as far as this thread goes. And, yes, the suggestion of contacting Apple about it all seems like the most reasonable one at this point.

Might just walk into the apple store and ask. I dont have warranty coverage anymore.

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
Ok, just in case you haven't checked, I had a problem with my iPhone where the headphone plug wouldn't go far enough in to lock into place. I took a look inside the socket and poked around with a paperclip and removed a chunk of fluff/pocket lint. Now it works just fine.

perfectstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
Ok, just in case you haven't checked, I had a problem with my iPhone where the headphone plug wouldn't go far enough in to lock into place. I took a look inside the socket and poked around with a paperclip and removed a chunk of fluff/pocket lint. Now it works just fine.

Can I ask what model your iphone was or is?

perfectstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
Unfortunately the camera is on the other end of my phone

Not surprised haha. I will take a look at one of the display models when I visit apple. I will also update here what happens, its just been busy for me. Thanks for the input.

(keep thread open request)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.