Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

libertyterran

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Hi all,

I'm gonna travel to the U.S. Minneapolis for this conference. I'm also after the Nikon D80 and want to buy it in Minneapolis as they're selling it too expensive in Australia. Just wondering if you guys know any good camera shop with decent price in Minneapolis.

As far as my google search points out, Ritz camera is the closest place to go, followed by BestBuy. They both sell the camera at 1299$ US. I hope to push the price down close to that of B&Hphoto. Any advices?

Cheers,
LT

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Hi all,

I'm gonna travel to the U.S. Minneapolis for this conference. I'm also after the Nikon D80 and want to buy it in Minneapolis as they're selling it too expensive in Australia. Just wondering if you guys know any good camera shop with decent price in Minneapolis.

As far as my google search points out, Ritz camera is the closest place to go, followed by BestBuy. They both sell the camera at 1299$ US. I hope to push the price down close to that of B&Hphoto. Any advices?

Cheers,
LT
I live about a half hour out of the Twin Cities so I can probably be of pretty good help. ;)

My friend bought a D80 at National Camera Exchange and got a pretty good deal. And like you said Best Buy (And/or Circuit City) will both sell it for about the same price.

Ritz can scare me, sometimes, just the people working there mostly.

libertyterran

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Hi Buschmaster,

Thanks for your reply. I just looked at the National Camera Exchange website and apparently they don't list any price up there. But I'll definitely go and have a look at the store. BTW, can you really negotiate with the seller in those kinda shops?

Best wishes,
LT

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Hi Buschmaster,

Thanks for your reply. I just looked at the National Camera Exchange website and apparently they don't list any price up there. But I'll definitely go and have a look at the store. BTW, can you really negotiate with the seller in those kinda shops?

Best wishes,
LT
You may be able to talk them into throwing in a filter or bag on the house, at least you would be able to with them before you would Best Buy.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
This thread is 3 years old... but hopefully that info helps someone else. It's hard to find a good local camera shop sometimes, even in bigger cities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.