Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TacticWASD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
Hello!

I recently shattered my iPhone 6 screen, thanks to the Incipio Feather case not completely wrapping the edges of the screen. Anyway, I am looking for something that is a hybrid of the Incipio Feather + JETech Clear cases, but I can't seem to find anything. Here's the specifics of some things I prefer with a case:

-Thin case that retains the thin feel of the iphone
-Case wraps around edges of iphone
-Buttons (power, volume) are not covered by case and are left exposed and "raw"

If there are no such cases, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to personally cut out the button protectors of the JETech case. I'm not sure if it would hinder the rigidness of the snap-on case, but if it is a good idea, any tips? ;)

Thank you so much!

-ric3b0wl

roniphon

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
When you are talking about thin case you are not talking about Iphone smart case? Because when someone search for the Iphone smart case always ask it to me as thin as possible.
So you are lon looking for the Iphone smart case?

TacticWASD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
When you are talking about thin case you are not talking about Iphone smart case? Because when someone search for the Iphone smart case always ask it to me as thin as possible.
So you are lon looking for the Iphone smart case?

Thin case as similar to the Incipio Feather case, but if you look at pictures of the Feather case, you can see that it doesn't wrap around the edges of the phone (thus it doesn't protect the screen). I still like the Incipio Feather because of its thinness and buttons exposed, but the wrapped edges are the real downside.

Wheel_D

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2016
Hi, TacticWASD -

It strikes me that we probably share compatible goals, as I'd like to get the least obtrusive case possible that's still effective against significant impacts. You may want to watch my thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/finding-the-right-case-its-complicated.1953746/

In the coming days I plan to update it with new information and a revised chart. Perhaps my findings might be useful to you.

Kind regards,
Brian

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.