Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Javomar99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
I’m running iOS 14 GM with an iPhone 7 Plus and WatchOS 7 GM with a Series 4 and I’m not getting the good morning screen after I wake up with the alarm on. Is there some condition to be met in order to get it? Do I need to turn do not disturb while sleeping in the settings app, even though sleep mode turns it on?
I have the sleep setting of getting a morning notification turned on.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I just have scheduled Do Not Disturb turned on that kicks in at 11pm and goes off about 6:30am i think it is and i get the Good Morning message. Nothing else is set other than the Do Not Disturb.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
I have bedtime mode on, and that does it. (the bed icon in control centre on the watch or phone) and I get it. I guess it depends on if you wake up and turn it off well before the alarm, or after.

Kev_D

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2019
Hi,

iOS 13 used to give me a weather forecast on my Good morning screen (using bedtime/sleep schedules) but this doesn't seem to work properly on iOS 14.

I kinda got it to work after fiddling with the settings but was only successful after adding the Weather widget. After removing the widget it also stopped working again. Then tried to re-add the Weather widget, but in a stack this time, but this failed to work as well. So apparently it only gives me my Weather forecast on my Good morning screen when I have the Weather widget active (separately; not stacked).

Anyone else has this? I like the Weather forecast when waking up to my Good morning screen but don't want to use the stock Weather widget (I use Carrot). iOS 13 didn’t require the Weather widget to be active for the Good morning screen to work.

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
This seems odd, I get the weather screen in the morning but I do have the widget active on my first screen.
I have just removed it and will see what happens in just under 12 hours.

Kev_D

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2019
It's really odd indeed... I triple checked location settings for Weather but I could rule that out since after adding the Widget it gave me the correct forecast on the Good morning screen. Then I was like: "Okay let's keep the Widget in a stack and just don't use it" but it stopped working too so alas...

I hate myself for letting these little things drive me insane but I just love that screen in the morning. ?

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
It's really odd indeed... I triple checked location settings for Weather but I could rule that out since after adding the Widget it gave me the correct forecast on the Good morning screen. Then I was like: "Okay let's keep the Widget in a stack and just don't use it" but it stopped working too so alas...

I hate myself for letting these little things drive me insane but I just love that screen in the morning. ?

I quite like the stock weather widget and the good morning weather screen is definitely something I pay attention to when I wake up.
Luckily I don’t need it now for the rest of the day, so I have removed it to check if I have the same issue you are experiencing in the morning.

Kev_D

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2019
I get it on iOS 14, using the bedtime button on my watch/iPhone, with a schedule set. Get it on both devices.

Found this online, might help: https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-set-up-good-morning-on-iphone-lock-screen/

Thanks but I’ve tried those steps and searched everywhere online for this issue but nothing.

My settings are correct because it works like a charm when I add the Weather widget to my Today/Home screen. But I want to use my Carrot widget so as soon as I remove the stock Weather widget it breaks the Good morning screen forecast for some unknown reason...

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I don't use Bedtime feature... and haven't used an alarm clock in over 25 years... but I do have DND set to start at 10:00 pm and end at 6:00 am... I see the Good Morning screen every morning at 6 am.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
Well @Kev_D an hour ago, with my Apple weather widget removed. I woke up to my good morning screen with the weather forecast as usual.

So this in my mind makes the situation more confusing than before, but that could just be the fact I have still not drank my coffee!

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I have nothing other than a scheduled Do Not Disturb from 11pm to 6am and i get the weather message every morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.