Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camgrant84

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2009
Sydney
Title pretty much says it all.

I have 2 bodies and 2 lenses and I might be buying a 17" MBP. Anybody know of such a bag?

I just bought a Lowepro Vertex 300 AW and it is absolutely perfect for similar gear. However it is massive!

From what I can work out the 17" would also fit in a Vertex 200 AW (same bag, just ~8cm shorter)

Hope it helps

dfx

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
London
The Kata 467 will hold an Apple 17 inch

I've got the 467, and it will certainly hold a 15-inch MBP with room to spare, but I'm not sure that a 17-inch will fit (it only claims to hold up to 15.4-inch).

It's a really nice bag, but just make sure that it will hold your two camera bodies and the lenses you want in the lower compartment before you buy it - if they are large cameras it might be a tight squeeze.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
I have had my eye on the Kata HB-207 and as of now it will hold a 17" MBP (as per some reviews out there) and maybe a bit of an influence, it has a $40 rebate until the end of June I believe, making it about $160 depending where you get it and if you don't have state tax. Good luck :)

NSX

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2010
Best thing for me is I have a great size normal backpack and buy an insert from Tenba (or whatever brand) stick it in and pow the cheapest photo bag that has almost all the same storage of a $100+ bag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.