Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Alright now im a total noob when it comes to Canons theses days. hit me up with a sony or nikon product i probably could appraise it for you

now i have a old film SLR Canon Rebel XT (now broken..) with a bunch of telescopic lenses and a few unique ones like a fish bowl one. will my old SLR lenses fit on this new DSLR camera??

anyways for 450 dollars good or no? this is from the Navy Exchange so no tax too when i buy this cuz military and stuff. yea.. im not sure. however i dont have the money yet so i need to start begging parents

canon rebel xt sale.jpg

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
I feel like used ones go for $325 tops. Just check ebay and craigslist for fair prices.

and yes, any EF or EF-S (not FD or older) lenses from your old camera will work exactly the same with digital

apearlman

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Red Hook, NY
Not a bad price, but not a steal either

That price seems fine, but I noticed that beach camera (beachcamera.com) has the same camera without lens for 399. If you already have some EF lenses, this might be the cheapest way into a new Canon SLR. Beach has a good rep, but other sellers might have similar deals on old stock.

For just a bit more money, you could get a new XS with an image stabilized kit lens.

And I agree with Anubis, a used one is your best bet to pay as little as possible. But keep in mind, every hour you spend shopping is an hour that you're not shooting. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.