Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Hi I'm looking for a good trusted souce to get filters. I have had no luck yet looking for a 58mm Tobacco Filter in my price range. I am looking to spend under $20. Does anyone here know a good (online) store?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
jamesW135 said:
Hi I'm looking for a good trusted souce to get filters. I have had no luck yet looking for a 58mm Tobacco Filter in my price range. I am looking to spend under $20. Does anyone here know a good (online) store?

Do you need to use colored filters with digital camera? You can always add the effect in post processing.

I doubt you will find a screw on 58mm filter for $20 but there is a system that uses square filters with a holder. "Cokin" is the brand. You will have to buy a holder and a 58mm adaptor ring but after then the filters are cheap, under $20, I think. One advantage of square is that you can get gradient filters that are darker on one side. See URL below. There are sold "everywhere" Try B&H or Amazon

http://www.cokin.co.uk/pages/main.htm

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Cokin is your better bet because you really do get what you pay for in filters.
However....I would certainly try this badboy from ritz camera.
Tobacco Filter $19.99 but it is cokin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.