Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I just reinstalled my OS for the first time in several years. Looking at my boot drive, I see no "old system folder" or any other such detritus anywhere on the drive and this represents a big improvement. Did the installer really get smart enough to, all by itself, make a fresh system that would be aware of the hardware and software I've been using on the system? Any potential problems to be looking for? So far all seems to be working great and emergent problems I was noticing are gone. Reinstalling the system seems to be a very easy way to fix elusive problems, although in this case it was forced.

I was using only some not exotic hardware: a Wacom wireless tablet, eSATA raid card and several external enclosures, Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, several bluetooth headphones, usb webcam, usb microphone. Software also is mainstream: CS6, Dragon for Mac, Filemaker Pro advanced. A slightly exotic one is Python 3.5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.