Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
point me in the right direction guys hehe

a good site that explains the ABCs of photography and how to handle the camera and manual controls, what each control does ,etc etc etc....

:)

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
On my site are various links that can help you, the ones to look out for are 'TWiP' for everything photographic, Strobist for lighting. You can also try Wikipedia as they have explanations for technical things like f-stop and ISO.

Also an even better way would be to just use the camera and make mistakes.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
You're probably better off getting a beginner's photography book. I'd suggest "Kodak's Guide to 35mm Photography." It's an old book, you can probably guess since it teaches you how to use a film camera. What it teaches applies to DSLR just as easily. It's one of the best beginner's book out there.

The reason I suggest a book instead of a web site is because the book you can carry it along when you're out shooting. Like CrackedButter said: Go out and practice, practice, practice.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
If your feeling up to it, there's always "stop shooting auto" it's offers lots of useful advice, little tips to help improve your photography skills, though there's nothing better than practice, practice and more practice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.