Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatSomeone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
Here, where else?
I just got my new 16” M1 MacBook Pro set up, and it’s time to get the old one wiped and ready for the next owner!

I’m going to wipe it, but I figured it’s best to get my Google account off it from the preferences app anyway. But when I try to delete it with the - I get a pop up telling me to just inactivate it or delete it off ALL my Macs including the new one. And if I inactivate it, it’s still logged in (I.E no further authentication if I try to enable calander for example, but it does on my new Mac). I was planning on switching over everything Google to a web browser anyway on my new machine, but it was added automatically right after I set up my new Mac.

I guess I have 2 questions:
1. Is it fine to just leave it deactivated without properly logging it out since I’m wiping it anyway? Or should I be on the safe side and just remove it completely, despite the pop up since I wasn’t planning on using the native apps on my new machine anyway?
2. Since when has individual internet accounts synced in MacOS? And what exactly is synced there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.