Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hi folks,

we are using Google Chrome on 2 MacBooks and 2 iMacs, they are all showing the same problem:
Several times a day the following error occurs in Google Chrome:

Your connection was interrupted
A network change was detected.
ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

I went through several websites for solutions and already tried the following:
- Using DHCP, I changed the DNS settings from local router to the DNS server of the provider to Google's DNS server
- used static instead DHCP addresses
- reset Chrome to standard settings
- uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome
- wiped one Mac completely and installed from scratch (not using any Time Machine backups etc)

The problem still occurs. No problems though with Safari or any other applications (email, dropbox, ...)

Can't really go to Safari completely as some of the online software we use have issues in Safari.

Any further ideas / input is much appreciated!

Regards

hobro

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The Macs are connected wirelessly to an access point that is connected to a separate router?

What devices (Make/Model No.) are involved and how are they connected?

rmb867

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2021
I was seeing the same problem as well on Chrome and Edge, but not Safari on my MacBook Pro 2015, running
Big Sur 11.2.1

BTW I had my iPhone (XSMax) plugged in to charge.

I unplugged the iPhone and everything worked fine. I plug the iPhone back in and can reproduce the problem.

(It only took 2 hours of frustration to discover that.)

Can someone explain what happened?

Last edited:

tdehnke

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2019
I was seeing the same problem as well on Chrome and Edge, but not Safari on my MacBook Pro 2015, running
Big Sur 11.2.1

BTW I had my iPhone (XSMax) plugged in to charge.

I unplugged the iPhone and everything worked fine. I plug the iPhone back in and can reproduce the problem.

(It only took 2 hours of frustration to discover that.)

Can someone explain what happened?
Check to see if your laptop is trying to use your phone as the modem when it is plugged in.

mikeosswald

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2021
Check to see if your laptop is trying to use your phone as the modem when it is plugged in.
THIS IS IT – Chrome on Mac throws net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT when iPhone is plugged into mac

ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED on Chrome for Mac when iPhone is plugged in. And in my network preferences I had a Bluetooth PAN and Thunderbolt Bridge – neither were green, but I just deleted the Bluetooth PAN from my default location (or whatever Location that is active).

Thanks!!!

tsmyth2

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
I received this error message suddenly today for no clear reason. Tried some o the solutions mentioned above.

I was charging an iPad via USB. I disconnected the iPad and tried another site. Voila. No more error message.

Odd, but it solved the problem!

Tom
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) Big Sur 11.6 Chrome Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.